Sunday 14 August 2011

My Design Career! =D


There are many reasons for me for wanting to become a designer, at an early age I was very interested and fascinated about how things worked and the process of how things were made.  I was also fascinated about the incredible paste of how fast technology improved. It made me wonder, and it occurred to me that products and technology couldn’t become faster, stronger, and improve on its own, but in fact it was designers who were behind it, they are the ones who put in the effort and hard work, to allow the rest of the world to enjoy the latest technology and designs that we take for granted every single day.  It’s these designs that make our lifestyles more pleasurable and more comfortable, which then stimulated my mind that perhaps I might consider design as a career path rather than a fireman.   At an early age I manifested a liking towards cars, toys and gadgets, which pushed me towards a path of wanting to become a designer, I wanted things to become faster stronger and more intelligent, when products didn’t work the way they were supposed to or broke too easily it frustrated me greatly, or more bluntly said “give me the shits!”.  When the time came it was either industrial design at UNSW or UTS after a while of long hard thoughts, I decided to pursue industrial design at UNSW, because apparently it had better credentials over UTS. At the start of the year I started my four ear course here and haven’t looked back since.  So far I have found the course to be quite insightful in all aspects of design and have found the course to be quite fun and creative, though at times to be quite demanding, in terms of workload. I have taken quite an intense liking for the material and technology course, where we explore all different sorts of materials and there elements and properties and what there specifically used for.   It is quite unclear where I see myself in the future at this present moment in terms of my career path. But hopefully after I complete this course I would like to see myself in areas of work where I would enjoy myself, such as designing in the motoring industry, such as Holden or ford etc, or perhaps in the electronics industry, such as for apple.    

No comments: